Children’s Advocacy Center for Denton County (CACDC)’s mission: We empower child abuse victims, their families and our community through education, healing and justice. The center seeks a motivated, organized individual to join the Development Team and serve as Community Outreach Coordinator to advance the Center’s mission through the management of our child abuse prevention education program, coordination of our volunteer program, and coordination of special event logistics. Some travel between Lewisville and Denton office is required. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, non-profit management, or a related field.
- 1-year relevant experience in non-profit field.
- Excellent communications skills and demonstrated effectiveness as a public speaker
- Strategic thinker with ability to manage short- and long-term goals
- Detail orientated with strong time management, project management and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances, meet deadlines and prioritize, while maintaining a positive, focused attitude
- Experience identifying, recruiting, training and stewarding volunteers
- Proficient knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office software, internet-based applications and technology
- Database experience a plus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a plan and manage all aspects of the center’s child abuse prevention education program under the supervision of the Development Director
- Actively pursue opportunities in the community for CACDC to present child abuse prevention education and outreach
- Recruit and train a team of volunteers and staff to present curricula to groups of adults who work with children, for example, daycare workers, preschool teachers, youth ministers, etc. Manage a calendar and assign trainers to cover all education opportunities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programming through appropriate quantitative and qualitative measures, meeting established outcomes and goals
- Maintain internal and external calendars for education and volunteer opportunities
- Manage the identification, recruitment, background screenings, training and stewardship of volunteers at both office locations
- Coordinate the center’s volunteer recognition program (i.e. annual volunteer appreciation event)
- Facilitate increased awareness about the center, its services and programs at health and community fairs and through other community-organized events. Serve as an agency speaker in the community, as needed.
- As a member of the development team, manage and steward relationships with key donors and volunteers
- Share a role in engaging CACDC’s corporate partners through coordination of employee volunteer opportunities and Lunch & Learn education opportunities.
- Oversee logistical aspects of CACDC’s special events (facility arrangements, decor, event volunteer assignments, entertainment, etc.) in coordination with volunteer leaders
- Conduct agency tours, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work some weekends and evenings